Last year I posted about why August is my least favorite month. A year later, I haven’t changed my mind.
Here’s why I still don’t like August:
1. The brightness of summer-come-upon-us in June is now dingy and dull.
2. I’m tired of the heat.
3. We usually vacation in June or July. Winter vacations are months away. Not much to look forward to in between.
4. Preseason football is a tease.
5. I didn’t play football in high school, but most of my friends did, so they were busy and I was not.
6. I start missing my favorite TV shows. Many of them won’t roll out new episodes until late September.
7. There are no major sporting events to get excited about.
8. If you had a great summer, then August sadly brings it to a close. If you didn’t have a great summer, August reminds you of the missed opportunity for some summer fun.
What can you add to this list?
If you like August, and want to make a case for it, I’m ready to listen.