For many years now, the month of August has been my least favorite. Here’s why:
1. The brightness of summer-come-upon-us in June is now dingy and dull.
2. I’m tired of the heat.
3. Our vacations usually happen in July. Winter vacations are months away. Not much to look forward to in between.
4. Pre-season football is a tease.
5. I didn’t play football in high school, but most of my friends did, so they were busy and I was not.
6. I start missing my favorite TV shows. Many of them won’t roll out new episodes until late September.
7. There are no major sporting events to get excited about.
What can you add to this list?
If you like August, and want to make a case for it, I’m ready to listen.